Adapted from The Looneyspoons Collection by: Janet and Greta Podleski. (Copyright 2012)
Makes 4 servings
- 1/4 cup freshly squeezed lime juice
- 2 tbsp fresh cilantro, minced
- 1 tbsp reduced-sodium soy sauce
- 1 tbsp honey mustard
- 1 tbsp barbecue sauce or ketchup
- 1 tsp lime zest, grated
- 1 tsp garlic, minced
- 1/4 tsp each: ground cumin, ground coriander, salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 1-1/2 lbs (680 g) boneless skinless salmon fillets, cut into chunks
- 4 (12-inch) metal or wooden skewers (wooden skewers need to be soaked in water first)
1. Combine all of the marinade ingredients into a small bowl. Combine it well. Place the salmon chunks into a large resealable plastic bag, then pour the marinade into it. Turn the bag several times to coat the salmon completely. Place it into the refrigerator for about 30 minutes to marinade.
2. Preheat the grill or broiler to a high setting. Remove the salmon chunks from the marinade (reserving the marinade in a bowl). Thread each piece onto the skewers.
3. Brush the grill rack lightly with oil OR broil the salmon for 3-4 minutes per side. Make sure to brush the reserved marinade often while cooking. You will know when the salmon is fully cooked when it is slightly pink in the centre. Do not overcook the salmon. Serve warm along side a pasta salad or oven roasted veggies. Enjoy!