California Strawberry Commission. I just love the addition of fruit in salads. It just brightens up the flavours in a salad, adding juice and sweetness. Strawberries add that splash of red colour to the usual green salad, making this very festive!
Recipe and photo from the California Strawberry Commission. Permission was granted prior to posting.
*Disclaimer: the recommendation to use California strawberries is strictly from the California Strawberry Commission and from the creator of this recipe. Food Tastes Yummy does not fully endorse products.*
- 1 Tomato, chopped
- 6 California Strawberries, sliced
- 8 oz pre-washed Arugula
- 8 large basil leaves, chopped
- 1 pinch of sea salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 1 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 1 tbsp aged balsamic vinegar
- Parmesan cheese, freshly shaved
Combine the tomato, strawberries, arugula and basil in a large mixing bowl. Add the olive oil and toss well to coat. Then add the vinegar and toss once more. Serve the salad with freshly shaved Parmesan cheese over the top and serve immediately.