Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F.
Baking time: 25-30 minutes
- 8 sheets of Phyllo dough (2 sheets per strudel)
- 1/2 cup of extra virgin olive oil
- 2 golden delicious apples, peeled, cored and diced small
- 3/4 cup strawberry slices
- 1/4 granulated sugar (plus 2 tbsp to sprinkle on top before baking)
- 1/2 tbsp ground cinnamon
- 1-1/2 tbsp all purpose flour
- 1 egg (with 1 tbsp of water)
1. Preheat the oven to 350 F and line a large baking sheet with parchment paper. Take the 8 large sheets of phyllo dough and using a sharp paring knife, slice in half. Cover the phyllo with a damp clean kitchen towel until ready to use. Have the oil ready to use in a bowl, along with a pastry brush.
2. In a medium bowl, add in the diced golden delicious apples, strawberry slices, sugar, cinnamon and flour. Mix it altogether. Taking one sheet of halved phyllo dough at a time, brush it lightly with the oil, until you have four halved sheets on top of each other. Mound a large spoonful of the apple strawberry mixture onto the middle of the greased phyllo and fold it like a book. Gently start to curl up the edges until it starts to look like a pizza pocket. Continue to do this with the other phyllo sheets until you make 4 strudels.
3. Place each strudel onto the baking sheet gently. In a small bowl, mix together the egg and 1 tbsp of water to create an eggwash. Liberally brush the strudels with the egg wash, then place the strudels into the oven to bake for a good 25-30 minutes or until crispy and golden brown. Serve warm immediately.