Preheat the oven to 400 Degrees F.
Baking time: 12-15 minutes
- Baguette, split in half
- Flaked canned tuna (170g), drained
- half a small onion, minced
- 1/4 cup diced red or yellow bell pepper
- 1 tbsp tomato paste
- 1 generous tbsp light mayo
- pinch of salt
- freshly cracked black pepper
- handful of fresh flat-leaf parsley, chopped
- 1 cup cherry tomatoes, halved (or use 1-1/2 cups)
- 1/2 cup shredded mozzarella or Gouda cheese
Preheat the oven to 400 F and place a piece of aluminum foil on a baking sheet. Place the split baguette on the baking sheet and place it into the oven for 2 minutes, to lightly toast. Take it out and set it aside.
In a bowl, mix and combine the drained flaked tuna, minced onion, yellow pepper, tomato paste, light mayo, salt, pepper, and the chopped fresh parsley. Cut the cherry tomatoes in half. Spoon the tuna mixture on top of the toasted baguette halves and then place the cherry tomatoes right on top of the tuna. Sprinkle on the shredded cheese and bake it in the oven for 12-15 minutes or until the cheese has nicely melted. Serve warm.
Serving suggestion: The tuna melt would be great with a warm soup or a nice side salad.