With the cold winter months coming on it won't be as easy to go outside and barbeque chicken. I created this recipe for all of your barbeque lovers out there! Who can resist meat covered in sticky gooey sauce, I sure can't!
Makes 6 chicken legs
- 6 chicken legs or thighs, skinless
- 1/2 cup deep flavoured barbeque sauce (your favourite)
- 1/4 cup orange juice
- 1 tbsp soy sauce
- 2 tbsp orange marmalade
- 2 tbsp malt vinegar
- coarse salt
- ground black pepper
- 1/4 tsp ground ginger
- pinch of chili flakes (optional)
2. Add in the chicken legs or thighs, making sure that they're skinless. Coat the chicken with the sauce using tongs. Turn the heat on to medium high heat and let the sauce come to a rapid simmer. Once it does, cover the pan and turn down the heat to a gentle simmer.
3. Simmer for about 25-30 minutes. Check on the chicken occasionally making sure that it doesn't stick to the bottom of the pan. The sauce should be thick and it should be able to stick on the chicken when spooned over. Serve immediately with a drizzle of extra sauce from the pan.